Tuesday 7 May 2013

Can You Tell Beer From Beer?




I spent a lovely day in the East Devon village of Beer. Admittedly there is little to do other than eat, drink, swim and get a suntan but if you are down in the Devon area and surround it is worth a visit. Beer is part of the "Jurassic coast" and the beach is all pebbles (like Brighton).
First arrival I had to get all the Beer jokes out of my head .. there was Beer Pharmacy (I'll have some Holsten Pils please), and Beer Antique Centre (A pint of Hofmeister please) etc .. but one thing that has to be sampled is Beer from Beer.
Beer From Beer is brewed by the Mighty Hop Brewery based just down the road in Lyme Regis. It is one of the plethora of micro-breweries that seem to exist in Devon and Cornwall. It is 4.7% proof. The blurb on the bottle claims that it has a gentle hint of caramel and orange. I must say that I didn't get the orange but there was definitely a treacle edge making it all a bit "mealy" as we folk from Lincolnshire say. It didn't taste remarkably different from other "local beers" I've tasted whilst being here. A tad flat!
Beer From Beer is available in 500ml bottles and cost me £2.50 a bottle. A bottle is all you'll need.

Pictures.
1: A bottle of Beer From Beer.
2: The stony beach (obscured by sea mist).
3: Edgar & I enjoy the sunshine!

1 comment: